Monday, December 14, 2009

Monday...


Today was just one of those days from the very beginning. Very Monday-ish.

It started with a 5:00 am automated phone call from the school district letting us know that school was cancelled because of snow. First of all, why on earth did we need to hear that news at 5:00 am? I don't know any kindergarten mom getting the kids up at that time of the morning. Second, a snow day!? We had not even an inch of snow overnight and were only one of two districts in the state that closed. So frustrating, especially when I'm working a short week already and really had work to catch up on, plus Alex was home last week sick and really needed to get back into a routine. UGH!

OK, rant over. In all seriousness, did you ever have that day (or week or month) when you just didn't feel like all that effective of a parent? When your kid's acting out of sorts, not listening and your patience for doing the "right" thing is about nil? That's how I'm feeling today. The past few weeks have just been awful and I know that Alex is going through dealing with his grandpa's death in his own way. I'm just so looking forward to a new year and a fresh start.

So, I thought it would be nice to pull a fun picture, taken a few weeks ago when Alex was into experimenting with the auto-timer on my little camera. A goofy family shot does wonders for the soul!

0 comments: